A Big Cricut Hello & Chirp to each of you! Welcome to the Cricky Across the 50 Blog Hop hosted by K Andrew of Getting Cricky! . If you are here from CreateNCraft than you are in the right spot. If you just arrived here and would like to start from the beginning please go to KAndrew's Getting Cricky! For this blog hop K Andrew is celebrating her big move across the country with a big road trip, and of course this hop across the 50 states! She has asked us all to post a little bit about the state we are representing, and then to post our Favorite Craft Project. I am representing the state of Oregon.
Last year we took a family vacation and camped the whole way down the Oregon coast. This was such an awesome vacation. We actually started at the very top of Oregon and worked a little way down everyday. The first place we went was Fort Stevens. We stay in the actual state park camp ground and visited the military installment. It was actually really cool and the kids loved it. The state camp ground was huge, it had over 200 campsite, with really nice showers (always a plus) and its own beach with a real ship wreck on it.
This was the first time my daughter had ever been to the ocean, and even though it was August it was only around 40-50 degrees outside. But I just couldn't keep either one of the kids out of the water.
British attack during ongoing regional tensions related to the Pig War of 1859–70 in the San Juan Islands and it was later used in WWII to protect again the Japanese.
This place was really a site to take in.
Here are some more pictures of some of the other places along the way down the coast. Our next stop was Cape Kiwanda, this is just a picture of the giant sand mountain they people was sand boarding down.
Picture of the ocean from the beach. Cape Kiwanda is a host of the National Longboard Competition every year.
This is a picture of a lighthouse that we could see from one of the beaches we went to.
The great part about this trip was that we went with my mom and step dad and we just had a blast. It was the first time for all of my family to go to the coast and we got to see and experience some really wonderful places. I will give you some advice if you plan on taking this trip. Pack lots of warm clothes, we were freezing! It was August and we live in NV where it is nice and very hot in the summer time. I don't think it ever got warmer then 55 degrees the whole time we were on the coast and we never saw the sun until we moved inland. It is very wet and every morning everything that was left outside was soaking wet. We did get to have a fire on the beach, very cool! That sort of thing would never fly in NV since we are so dry.
When we moved inland on the way home we stopped at Crater Lake. OMG!!! This place is absolutely the most gorgeous place I have ever been too. The whole lake is surrounded by mountains and the water is crystal clear. It was formed from volcano's that erupted thousands of years ago, and then again forming islands in the lake. You can only view the lake from the top of the mountains and no one is allowed in it(not that you could get to it anyway). The lake is almost 2000 feet deep, the deepest lake in the US. These pictures do not do it justice, but they will give you an idea.
Okay, so enough about Oregon. Here is one of my favorite projects I have ever made. This was a sign that I made for my daughter's bedroom.
If you would like to see more of this sign and details on items used to make it click HERE.
Okay how about some blog candy?? We can't have a blog hop without any candy...Right? Ok I am giving away Tinkerbell and Friend Cricut Cartridge.
All you have to do to be entered to win is:
1) Be a follower of my blog
2) Leave a comment on this post
I will draw a winner on Monday.
Your next stop on this hop is Midori Vasquez of Scraps for Me go check out PA and her awesome project!
Please make sure to leave comments on all of the blogs for a chance to win several different Grand Prizes on Getting Cricky's blog, from these great & generous companies: Scrap N Tote, Scrap N Easel, Cri-Kits, Creative Charms, Memory Miser, Scrappy Chic Cafe, Loralie Designs, My Pink Stamper, Peachy Keen Stamps, Cricut Town, The Scrappin' Table, Piktails, and Pink by Design. And make sure to visit ALL the blogs as every single blog will have fabulous giveaways!
Here is a list of the blogs in case you get lost along the way!
BEGIN: Getting Cricky With K Andrew http://www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com/
- ALABAMA Tanya of Scrappy Scavenger http://www.scrappyscavenger.blogspot.com/
- ARIZONA Renee Kowalchik of KoolChik Crafts http://koolchikcrafts.blogspot.com/
- ARKANSAS Teela Young of Coffee24Tea http://coffee24tea.blogspot.com/
- CALIFORNIA Jess Marin of My Scrap Diary http://www.myscrapdiary-jess.blogspot.com/
- Nicolette Simpson of Beyond Scrapin http://www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com/
- COLORADO Jennifer Anderson of Scrappin Lil Turtle http://creativearmywife.blogspot.com/
- Amy Courchaine of Scrapbooking, Card Making, and Living with Fibro http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
- DELAWARE Meagan Jarjabka of Beyond Paper Designs http://www.beyondpaperdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Peggy Brustman of CeltikGirlCreations http://celtikgirlcreations.blogspot.com/
- FLORIDA Stephanie Hedderick of Always Crafting http://www.alwayscrafting.com/
- GEORGIA Brenda Haskin of Simply Bren is Having too much fun http://simplybrenhavingfun.blogspot.com/
- ILLINOIS Lori Brown of Saving My… http://savingmine.blogspot.com/
- INDIANA Angela Urell of Creative Crafting http://creativecraftin.blogspot.com/
- LOUISIANA Darlene Saucier of Simple Southern Blessings http://www.talesoftayandbay.blogspot.com/
- MAINE Karen Madden of Lilac and Lupines http://lilacsandlupines.blogspot.com/
- MARYLAND Karen Turner of Midlife Mysteries & Masterpieces http://www.midlifemysteries.com/
- MASSACHUSETTS Andrea Fogleman of Scraplity http://www.scrapality.com/
- MINNESOTA Krystal Gibson of Krystal’s Kreativity http://www.krystalskreativity.blogspot.com/
- Jenny Johnson of Paper Crafting Crazy Me http://www.papercraftingcrazyme.blogspot.com/
- MISSOURI Kathy Northup of I Love My Crazy Life http://www.ilovemycrazylife.blogspot.com/
- MONTANA Kathy Floen of The Beautiful Life http://kathy-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com/
- NEBRASKA Gloria Sleeper of Oma’s Crafts http://www.omascrafts.blogspot.com/
- NEW HAMPSHIRE Kristal of Getting Cricky http://www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com/
- NEW MEXICO Brynn Thornburgh of Flair and Frills http://www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com/
- NEW YORK Erin Span of I am SpantastiKreations http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/
- NORTH CAROLINA Amy Westray of redwolfSCRAPS http://www.redwolfscraps.com/
- OHIO Patricia Logan of MDN Creates http://www.triciatreasure.blogspot.com/
- Joe, Carol, Joe, and Betty of CreateNCraft at http://www.createncraft.com/
- OREGON Rebecca Maddux of Crafting with Becka http://www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com/ ME
- PENNSYLVANIA Midori Vasquez of Scraps for Me http://www.scrapsforme.blogspot.com/ NEXT STOP
- RHODE ISLAND Karel Jennings of One by One the Flamingos are Stealing my Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com/
- SOUTH DAKOTA Brenda Burffrau of Creativity is a State of Mind http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com/
- TENNESSEE Shannon Lefew of My Scrappy Creations http://shannonleffew.blogspot.com/
- TEXAS Kista Orr of Scrapaleupagus at http://www.scrapaleupagus.blogspot.com/
- UTAH Kathy of Creative Cutter at http://www.creativecutter.org/
- VIRGINIA Chris Hanselmaan of Chris' Crafty Creations from the Corner http://scrappinchris.blogspot.com/
- WASHINGTON Mariam Satchell of Purple Lily Studio http://www.mariamsatchell..blogspot.com/
- WISCONSIN Janice Wilson of Stamping with Janice http://www.stampingwithjanice.blogspot.com/
- WYOMING Jamie Larsen of Baby Jayden’s Mommy http://babyjaydensmommy.blogspot.com/
- Lindsay Loo of Lindsay Loo Designs http://www.lindsayloodesignz.blogspot.com/
- END: Getting Cricky with K Andrew http://www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com/