I hope everyone is having the best day ever. We are certainly having fun. The kids woke up bright and early this morning- I mean really early it was still a little dark outside! LOL! We opened and presents and then went to my Mom's house for breakfast. Now we are home again, relaxing and watching movies.
I thought I would share with you some glass etched candles I made for Christmas presents. This was the first time I tried glass etching and learned a couple of tricks that I will share with you.
1. Use contact paper instead of vinyl to cut out your designs- it is much cheaper about $5 for a roll with tons on it at Walmart, and it works just as well.
2. Make sure you get all the air bubbles and stick down all the edges really well.
3. Make sure you wear gloves when applying the etching cream
4. Make sure you used or put on a thick layer of the cream- As you can see in the Red candle I didn't coat it on thick enough it is really hard to read.
5. Candles- these were the holiday candles from Michael's that went on sale for 3 for $10- they have a lot of air bubbles in them so it is really hard to read the words.- Maybe use higher end candles?
Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas