Welcome to my blog!

I hope you will look around and leave comments if you would like.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Etched Glass Candles

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone is having the best day ever. We are certainly having fun. The kids woke up bright and early this morning- I mean really early it was still a little dark outside! LOL! We opened and presents and then went to my Mom's house for breakfast. Now we are home again, relaxing and watching movies.

I thought I would share with you some glass etched candles I made for Christmas presents. This was the first time I tried glass etching and learned a couple of tricks that I will share with you.
This candle was for my sister. I used Platin Schoolbook for the letters (their last name) and the design is from Art Philosophy, it is the snowflake border.

Ok so here are some of my tips that I learned while doing this.
1. Use contact paper instead of vinyl to cut out your designs- it is much cheaper about $5 for a roll with tons on it at Walmart, and it works just as well.
2. Make sure you get all the air bubbles and stick down all the edges really well.
3. Make sure you wear gloves when applying the etching cream
4. Make sure you used or put on a thick layer of the cream- As you can see in the Red candle I didn't coat it on thick enough it is really hard to read.
5. Candles- these were the holiday candles from Michael's that went on sale for 3 for $10- they have a lot of air bubbles in them so it is really hard to read the words.- Maybe use higher end candles?
Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas

5 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great candles! Merry Christmas!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Cute project!!! So glad you had a great Christmas! I really missed the snow though this year:(
Hope you have a wonderful New Years!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Your candle glasses turned out great!

Hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful Christmas!!!

More Than Favors said...

Adorable Becka!!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2012!

Happy Crafting, 
Paula
Morethanfavors.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the etched candles. Not tried that before. Seen a video on coasters done with glass etching but never found the glass coasters. Thanks for sharing the tips.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always love to hear your feedback!! Please leave your blog address so I can come visit you too.