Welcome to my blog!

I hope you will look around and leave comments if you would like.

Friday, December 16, 2011

My Project Book and I'm a Guest Designer Today!

Hi all my crafty friends,

YAY! It is finally Friday! I am so excited today because I am a guest designer over at my good friends 3 Girl Jam.  And they have a great line-up of some of my other crafty friends for their guest designer day. We all are showcasing their new crinkle ribbon bundles they came out with. You are going to love these new bundles! Awesome colors! If you have never tried this ribbon you have got to try it. I love it!

For my project I made this wonderful project journal, where I can record all of my project ideas, supplies, sketches and journaling ideas. I was thinking about how I could keep track of the projects that I make and if I have uploaded them to my blog and then the ideas just started flowing from there. So, here is what I came up with. I used the new Celebrations Bundle Crinkle Ribbon- this is a great set it has black and a silver color of ribbon.

This is the cover of the book. I make it 8 1/2" x 11". I used DCWV paperstack La Creme stack, which I love because the paper has velvety feel to it.

This is the inside cover, and I made a pocket to hold items in and used the Celebration black crinkle ribbon, as memorabilia holder.
 


The first part of the book is for Project ideas, this area is for project ideas and the supplies needed to make that project.  I used the black crinkle ribbon to make a page spot holder.
This is what the back part of the Project Idea page looks like, it contains information for the final project, including whether I took pictures, video, uploaded and blogged about the project and the final supplies, cuts, and measurements of the project. Then on the right side is a section divider.
This is the next section in the book. The left side is a divider section with pockets to put things in. The right side is for Journaling ideas on scrapbook pages.

This is the backside of the Journaling Ideas and the back cover of the book.

This is the back cover of the book. I used my cinch to bind the whole book together and I had to use 1 1/2" spine because it is a pretty thick book. I also used chipboard for the covers and inside divider.
If anyone is interested in the page files I made for the pages, let me know and I will add them to this post. I also made a video on how to use your Cinch so if you would like to see that let me know, and I will edit it and post it also.

Now, that I have had a chance to show all of you how I used 3 Girl Jam Crinkle Ribbon, I hope you will go and check out their site. And to give you a little more incentive, they are giving away  a TOTAL PACKAGE BUNDLE and the new Celebrations Bundle and a Wine & Jewels Bundle (that's 64 yards of awesome ribbon!)  to a lucky winner who commented on every guest designers blog. So go check out their blog HERE   to find out how to enter to win they awesome bundle.
Here is the guest designer line-up:
Carrie
Jessica
Sherrie
Becka  Thats me!
3 Girl Jam
Also they are running an awesome special through the month of December, Buy 2 Bundles of Crinkle Ribbon, Get 1 Free-- so if you haven't tried this ribbon out yet, this is a great way to get some

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
The Paper Variety- Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon~ Anything Goes + Ribbon
Fantabulous Cricut~Challenge Me Monday..Ribbon
City Crafter Challenge Blog- Get Booked
You Had Me at Craft- Made It Myself Monday

.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I have enjoyed sharing my project with you and would love to hear from you. Also don't forget to check out my 850 Follower giveaway at the top of my blog, I am only 6 away from drawing a winner.

36 comments:

callyannc said...

Becca this is awesome! I love the Black and white! Sweet! CallyAnn

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your book. There's a challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog Wk #87 Get Booked Make or Alter a Book that you can enter this in.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Great book! Love the black & white color theme! :)Amy
http://amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is just beautiful, Becka!! I love the gorgeous paper you used! What an awesome project :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Ruth G said...

Oooohh! I hope I'm really number 4 - it's my lucky number!
Love this book! You should really sell these, you know! Pure awesomeness cover to cover! TFS! rgauss at sbcglobal dot net.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great journaling book! Great papers! Nice use of the 3Girl Jam ribbon! Glad to be Guest Designing with you!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Becky Dunham said...

Oh Becka! I LOVE this! and I need it :) I would love it if you would post the page files! I have a Cinch, but have not used it yet so would also love the video. This whole idea is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing this project!

Kathy Salido said...

Very pretty. I love the papers you used.
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and lovely, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Gloria said...

Awesome idea and very elegant!! Love you book!!

Beckie said...

Great book. I love 3GJ, too. Congrats on GD'ing.

Be Blessed, Beckie

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so pretty, great way of using the ribbon, I really hope i win some or i will be buying them during the promotion!!
Kristan

Sarah said...

This is a fabulous idea great book!

Marilyn said...

Very clever idea. Nice way to use this cool ribbon.

Edwina said...

Wow! your book is gorgeous!!! I love it! It would make a great gift to someone who journals or keeps up with their scraping. I love the papers you used. they are so elegant! I love elegance. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Sherrie K. said...

What an AWESOME project Becka! The papers are beautiful and the ribbon looks fantstic:)
Sherrie K
http//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Dawnll said...

What a great project to share! love all the pages and organization.
So glad you could join us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Karen said...

Great idea! Love the papers you used! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Lilygirl said...

Wonderful book!! Congrats on your guest spot...the ribbon is just yummy thanks for sharing!! Hugs Colleen
laysig at telus.net

jessica said...

What an awesome book! I love the DP and love all the ribbon touches :)
So honored to be a guest designer alongside you and your beautiful work!
Have a GREAT weekend!!

3 Girl JAM said...

Thank You Becka for sharing your talent with 3 Girl JAM today! Your project journal Rocks!!

Julie
http://3girljam.blogspot.com/

Ashley Nicole said...

Love the book. Really pretty papers.
Ashley

DIANA L. said...

Great journal .I love that stack. You have inspired me.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Ros said...

Fabulous journal and such adorable papers too ... thanks so vey much for playing along with us at CCCB

Pendra said...

Congrats Becka on the GDT and I love this! Love this design, the papers and the ribbon, would love to see the video and the page files for this! Also congrats... you have hit 850 followers! Way to go girl!
Crafty Holiday Hugs,
Pendra

Melanie Makes said...

Great book, those paper look luxurious. Thanks for joining us for Challenge me Monday at FCCB. - Melanie

Sandi said...

Wow, this notebook ROCKS and what a great idea. I definitely need someplace to write down my ideas other than small bits of paper and post it notes! LOL Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety.

Patricia said...

Loving your notebook! It's so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Denise Bryant said...

Great journal project!
DeniseB

Happyscrapin said...

WOW what a great project journal! I love the paper you used, it is fabulous!

plese.cathy at yahoo dot com

Suzy said...

I soooo need to start one of these journals in 2012 ;) Thanks for joining The Paper Variety's anything goes challenge :)
- Suzanne :)

Nicole Doiron said...

This is a beautiful project! Love your choice of pattern papers! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful creation.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is so LOVELY! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Kate said...

What a great project book! The black and white combination is so striking!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Cheryl Walker said...

very pretty!! and congrats on your guest spot!! thats awesome!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons anything goes challenge with ribbon!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I always love to hear your feedback!! Please leave your blog address so I can come visit you too.